Monday 13 December 2010

Conventions

How my thriller opeing fits the conventions of the thriller genre?

Cast & Crew

My cast had to obviously fit the the character profile, and from the start I had already esablished that the antagonist (Peado) would be the leading actor for my opening. Therefore making him my priority I decided he would have to be tall, dark haired and weirdly skinny. This was because this is what I felt come to mind when I or the general public thought of a peado. Also I was very careful with not over doing it and making him a fugly creature because he was playing a monster but a paedophile (no matter how inhuman they are). 

The Film's title

The films title is a very significant aspect to a film therfore has to just as captivating and gripping as the opening itself. 
My thriller is called ‘Abduction’ very straight forward and transfixing as a title needs to be. We came up with this because we felt it got the point across as well as being intensely riveting yet concise. A short in your face title is what a thriller needs that illustrates the concept but doesn’t give too much away. 

Introduction to a Character


Indication of Place & Historical period

Introduction to Theme tune

What inspired me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWOvbDS5lv4&feature=related

Information about Genre 
Our genre is obviously a thriller but our's has the hybrid genre which is horror. This is quite significant because this in its own is a convention of a thriller that it has a sub genre of a horror. Furthermore when one thinks of the thriller genre, horror automatically comes to mind this is because they both link together perfectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment